In this week’s episode, Canadian Running’s editor Michael Doyle, web editor Sinead Mulhern and staff writer Tim Huebsch chat with filmmaker Jon Dunham about his moving new film, Boston: the Documentary, plus running in Crocs, racewalking a 3:10 marathon, running 42.2K while tied to 149 strangers, and other crazy stories from a wild week in the running world.
article continues after advertisement
Like The Shakeout on Facebook and join the conversation!
You can email the show at firstname.lastname@example.org
Watch the trailer for guest Jon Dunham’s great documentary on the Boston Marathon:
Links to what we mentioned on today’s show:
– Justyn Knight is Canada’s next great running star
– A family in Utah ran a half-marathon in Crocs
– Our review of the weird, pretty new Nike shoe, the VaporMax
– The Breaking2 athletes printed on their shoes on their shoes
– A racewalker beat nearly everyone at the Vancouver Marathon
This week Michael recommends: the opera, specifically Gioachino Rossini’s “The Thieving Magpie.” Or, alternatively, checking out a movie or art gallery the day before race day to get your mind off of running.
Tim recommends: that races adopt the crazy pace-setting laser used at the Breaking2 attempt.
And, Sinead recommends: the New Balance Fresh Foam 1080.
Find previous episodes of the Shakeout Podcast here.