Want a delicious meat dish that’s easy to make, and great for meal prep? A kofta is a middle eastern version of a meatball. This dish is great served with pasta, rice or event on top of vegetable.
Under Armour chef Dan Churchill created this recipe to incorporate easy iron consumption for runners, and quick preparation. If you’re pressed for time, skip the skewers and make meatballs. Leftovers from this dish are easily frozen and thawed for later use.
1 Lb of Ground Lean Beef
Pinch of Salt & Pepper
1/2 a bunch of Parsley, finely chopped
1/2 a bunch of Mint, finely chopped
2 tsp Cumin, ground
2 tsp Coriander, ground
2 tsp Fennel seeds
2 tsp Paprika
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp cloves
1 tsp chili flakes.
3 Tbsp Olive oil
1. In a bowl combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Roll into 2 inch size balls
3. Place them on a sheet tray and into the fridge for 30 mins. Soak skewers for 30 mins in water.
4. Remove from the fridge and thread three to a skewer.
5. Add oil to a large non-stick fry pan on medium-high heat. Cook skewers in batches as to not
overcrowd the pan. Continue to turn and cook for 6 minutes. Repeat with remaining skewers!