Rules and Regulations:
UNDER ARMOUR CANADA & Canadian Running Magazine –Eastside 10K Contest
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
- Sponsor: The Under Armour Canada – Eastside 10K contest is promoted by Under Armour Canada, 169 Enterprise Blvd. Suite 500 Unionville, ON L6G 0E7 & Gripped Publishing inc. 75 Harbord St. Toronto ON M5S 1G4
- Eligibility: Competition is open only to Canadians 18 years of age and over (excluding those in the province of Quebec)
Employees of the Sponsor and each of its respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (altogether the “Released Parties”) as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employees are not eligible to enter the Competition.
The Competition is subject at all times to all applicable laws within Canada excluding the province of Quebec.
Registration period for the Competition will begin at 9:00 a.m. (EST) on July 10 , 2018 and ends at 8:59 a.m. (EST) on August 15, 2018 (the “Contest Period”).
- Registration: HOW TO ENTER
- The Competition: In order to compete in the Contest, Entrants will enter through <runningmagazine.ca/EastSide10Kcontest> by Filling out the name and email form on web page or facebook. Bonus entries can be received by the following 1) Visiting the Under Armour Canada Facebook page 3) Visiting & following Under Armour Canada Instagram page. 4) Following Under Armour Canada on Twitter 5. Visiting the Canadian Running – What is HOVR Page
- Judging Criteria: One (1) winning Entrant will be selected at random.
- a) The submission begins at 9:00 a.m. (EST) on July 10, 2018 and ends at 8:59 a.m. (EST) on August 15, 2018.
- Prizing: Prizing will be awarded to selected Entrant, chosen at random, after 8:59 a.m. (EST) on August 15, 2018, and only after selected entrant has read, understood, signed and returned Contest Terms and Conditions to Under Armour Canada. If selected Entrant does not contact Under Armour Canada (through email) within five (5) days from the time the potential winner is announced, selected Entrant will be disqualified, therefore forfeiting such prize.
In the event that the selected Entrant is disqualified for any reason, Under Armour Canada may (but is not obligated to), in its sole discretion, award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected at random.
The approximate retail value of all prizes throughout the duration of the Competition: One (1) Under Armour prize pack (subject to availability but may include Under Armour footwear, a top, a bottom) valued at $250 CDN. The winner is responsible for all applicable taxes. The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute the Prize in whole or in part in the event that the Prize is unavailable, with a similar prize of equal value.
Before being awarded any of the prizes, the Entrant of the Competition, must confirm they have read and affirmatively accept the Competition’s Terms and Conditions, as well as provide contact information.
Prizes are non-transferable and have no cash value. No substitution will be made, except, in case of the unavailability of the prize or a prize component, Sponsor reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value. If an Entrant cannot accept the prize as stated, the prize will be forfeited and Sponsor reserves the right, in their sole discretion, to award such prize to an alternate Entrant or not to award the unclaimed prize. Sponsor shall have no responsibility or obligation to the winning Entrant or potential winning Entrant that is unable or unavailable to accept or utilize the prize as described herein.
- The Grand Prize:
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded. The Grand Prize is for one (1) winner and one (1) travel companion and will consist of the following:
- Round-trip, economy flight for two (2) people, from the major city airport nearest to the Grand Prize winner’s residence in Canada (Sponsor’s Choice) to Vancouver, British Columbia.
- The departing flight will be on September 14
- The returning flight will be on September 16
- Two (2) night’s accommodation in a dual occupancy room at Delta Hotels Vancouver Downtown Suites for the night’s of September 14 and September 15 (550 West Hastings St. Vancouver, BC, V6B 1L6)
- One (1) $300 pre-paid gift card
- Two (2) entries into the UA Eastside 10K race on September 15
- One (1) Under Armour outfit including shoes, top and bottom (Sponsor’s Choice) for the Grand Prize winner (approximate total value: $250)
- One (1) Under Armour outfit including shoes, top and bottom (Sponsor’s Choice) for the travel companion of the Grand Prize winner (approximate total value: $250)
- Should the Grand Prize winner reside 150Km or less from Vancouver ground transportation will be arranged
- The winner must follow the dates outlined in the Grand Prize description. If the winner is not available to redeem the Grand Prize during the outlined dates, the prize will be forfeited and no alternative prize will be awarded.
- Any expenses not specifically mentioned as part of the Grand Prize shall be the sole responsibility of the winner. The Grand Prize does not include any expenses related to meals, pre- and post-travel arrangements, hotel incidentals (phone, laundry, spa treatments, etc..), gratuities, or any applicable taxes, which are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- Winner and travel companion must travel on the same itinerary. Travel companions must be 19 years of age or older at the time of travel. Winner and travel companion are responsible for all necessary travel documents.
- The Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes in whole or in part with a prize of equal or greater value in the event a prize is not reasonably available at its discretion.
- All elements of the Grand Prizes are non-transferable, non-exchangeable, not for resale and non-refundable. The Grand Prize winner is not entitled to receive any payment for any possible difference between the actual value of the Grand Prizes and their estimated values. Grand Prizes must be accepted as awarded. No cash alternatives, substitution or transfers of the Grand Prizes will be allowed.
- Release: By participating in the Competition, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless, to the extent permitted by law, the Released Parties from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Competition or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
- Submission: By submitting a photo, video or any other content by way of an entry for the Competition, each Entrant: (a) warrants and represents that he/she owns the rights to the content submitted and that the content submitted is: (i) original to him/her and has been legally obtained and created, (ii) does not infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy or publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party and is not libelous, slanderous, or defamatory in nature; (iii) contains only participants who are eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time of submitting content to appear in the content; and (b) agrees to indemnify and hold harmless the Released Parties against any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable legal and other professional costs) and liabilities relating to trademark, copyright, or other intellectual property rights, right of publicity, right of privacy or defamation.
Each Entrant represents and warrants that its participation in the Competition and receipt of the prize does not and will not violate any agreement to which it is a party or by which it is otherwise bound. Breach of any of the foregoing representations shall disqualify an Entrant from being chosen as the winner.
- General Conditions: Noncompliance with these Terms and Conditions may result in disqualification and all associated entries will be void. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS BY ANY ENTRANT OR ANY BEHAVIOR BY AN ENTRANT OR PARTICIPANT THAT WILL BRING SUCH ENTRANT/PARTICIPANT WILL RESULT IN SUCH ENTRANT DISQUALIFICATION AS AN ENTRANT/PARTICIPANT AND AS A WINNER OF THIS COMPETITION, AS THE CASE MAY BE, AND ALL PRIZES WILL BE IMMEDIATELY FORFEITED AND TERMINATED. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Competition at any time. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry if an Entrant/participant or other individual is tampering with that Entrant’s entry process or the operation of the Competition or acts in violation of these Terms and Conditions or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Competition may be a violation of criminal and civil law and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Terms and Conditions shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Competition contained in these Terms and Conditions or otherwise connected with the Competition; (2) computer, online, telephone, cable, network, electronic or Internet hardware or software malfunctions, failures, connections, availability, garbled or jumbled transmissions, service provider, Internet, web site or other accessibility or availability issues, traffic congestion, or unauthorized human intervention or any technical malfunctions that may occur; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Competition; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Competition or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; or (6) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from an Entrant’s participation in the Competition (including performing a workout) or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. The Released Parties make no representations or warranties concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prizes awarded. If for any reason an entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Competition. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
at: https://account.underarmour.com/privacy?locale=en_ca). This section does not limit any other consent(s) that an individual may provide the Sponsor or others in relation to the collection, use and/or disclosure of their personal information.
- Winner: To find out the winner, visit <runningmagazine,ca/Eastside10Kcontest or send a self-addressed stamped envelope after DATE: Under Armour Canada, Attn: Eastside 10K contest, 169 Enterprise Blvd. Suite 500 Unionville, ON L6G 0E7. Request for winners’ list must be received one month after the end of the Contest Period.
- Amateur Athletes: Any student athlete subject to amateur athlete eligibility restrictions who participates in the Competition is responsible for his or her own collegiate/high school eligibility and/or amateur standing. Such student athletes must comply with all rules, regulations, and bylaws of their high school province/state association and of any national federation responsible for administering or regulating interscholastic athletics, and of the NCAA or other regulatory authority, that may be applicable to their participation in the Competition. For example, such student athletes may be restricted from appearing in Competition content in uniform. By participating in the Competition, student athletes acknowledge their understanding of the consequences of any failure to comply with such rules, including but not limited to, loss of their eligibility to participate in future athletic contests in any sport at the high school, collegiate or other level. SPONSOR IS NOT RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR PARTICIPATION IN THIS COMPETITION RESULTING IN INELIGIBILITY AS AN AMATEUR ATHLETE.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, or administered by, or associated with Instagram, facebook, twitter
I acknowledge that I have read and agree to the above Terms and Conditions.
Date_________________ Signature: _______________________________