You were pumped to get your BFF on board with the whole running thing. At last, you’ve got yourself a workout partner who is as committed as you are. But recently you’ve noticed that what started as an innocent hobby, has taken a bit of an obsessive turn. There have been times recently when you wonder if your BFF or spouse has gone a little bit… well, over the top with the whole thing. Here’s a few signs your friend or partner has a bit of a running problem:
1. Your spouse leaves NO room on the shoe rack for your shoes.
Why do they need 56 pairs of the same shoe? Why can’t they keep them in the closet? Would they notice if you threw out a few?
2. Your friend can talk about their GPS watch to no end.
And you never cared. You still don’t care.
3. You wish you could go out to the bar ONE TIME with someone who is actually dressed for it.
But no. He/she insists on wearing sweat-wicking fabrics with the neon shoes every single time. And runs home after.
4. You wake up alone. All. The. Time.
Others couples cuddle. You do not. So you got the cat.
5. Your spouse times himself/herself doing everyday tasks and you have no idea why.
You’re pretty sure he’s secretly trying to better his PB in dish doing.
6. Your husband was wearing tights when you introduced him to new friends last week.
And you just played it off casually.
7. Your BFF use to be about the parties. Now your hangouts involve doing a workout class together.
You do both look way more toned now though…
8. At least you get to starfish in the mornings.
And you get all the covers too. The bed is now all to yourself so you can be lazy while your spouse does a workout.
9. Your dog is now used to your best friend’s pace and gives you “the look” which suggests you’re going too slow.
You know Fluffy doesn’t mean to be rude but that is seriously the most insulting look ever.
10. What’s with the pile of mesh clothes everywhere?
The house/ apartment is never clean. It’s never clean because it looks like someone took all the racks from a running apparel store and dumped them all over your bedroom.
11. You have to come up with fool-proof strategies to make your friend stay out on Friday.
She’s always going home because she has to wake up earlier than you.
12. You’ve thought about hiding the blender so you wouldn’t have to hear it at 6:00 a.m. anymore.
It’s the most irritating noise. You’re trying to sleep but you can’t because your now running obsessed room mate is blending ALL the bananas.
13. If there was a way you could earn a dollar for every time your husband said “PB,” you would actually quit your job.
And pay off the mortgage.