Jean-Paul Bedard, after five marathons in the days leading up to race day, completed the Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon for the sixth time on Sunday.
Bedard, who completed the STWM course three times in 2015 and four times in 2016, ran two marathons on Friday, Saturday and Sunday for a total mileage of 253.2K. His sixth marathon coincided with the STWM itself, which began at 8:45 a.m. EDT on Sunday. Bedard’s three-day runs were done to raise funds and awareness for those whose lives have been impacted by sexual violence.
— CanadaRunningSeries (@RunCRS) October 22, 2017
2017 STWM coverage
– Canadian Marathon Championships recap
– Race recap
– Start line photos
– Trevor Hofbauer’s winning celebration
– More photos on our Instagram page
– Nick Croker’s Ed Whitlock-paced marathon
– Silver, bronze medallists at Canadian Marathon Championships take a combined 34 minutes off PBs