Melissa Bishop is an Olympic finalist, Canadian record-holder and new mom who’s gearing up for her 2019 outdoor season. We know that Bishop is into track, and we know that she’s a high-level athlete, but below are some of Bishop’s opinions that we were unaware of before yesterday. We presented her with 10 rapid-fire questions on contested topics that don’t necessarily have anything to do with running. Here’s how she answered.
1. Flaming Hot Cheetos or all dressed chips? All dressed chips, for sure.
2. New Olympic standards, cool or not cool? Cool. I mean in 2012 the standards were really similar so I’m cool with it.
3. Nike Vaprofly’s: too much or just enough? They look cool but I haven’t run in them.
4. If you had to train for another event: decathlon or marathon? Dec, I don’t think I could do a marathon.
5. Salty or sweet? Sweet.
6. Seinfeld or Friends? Friends.
7. Kanye or Taylor? Taylor.
8. Cocktail or beer? Depends on the night. Actually, beer.
9. City or beach? Beach.
10. Caribbean or Europe? Europe.
View this post on Instagram
Shocking stat! Did you know milk can hydrate better than water? Hydration is key to a great performance. Hard work = sweat = loss of water, sodium and electrolytes. Milk has a perfect balance of sodium, potassium, and it’s 87% water. For me, it's perfect for recovery after my training sessions. #AD I’ve partnered with the Dairy Farmers of Ontario to share the realness of an everyday item in your fridge; MILK! @ontariodairy @rechargewithmilk Do you know a MVP ‘Most Valuable Parent’; someone who has made incredible sacrifices to give a child or their child an amazing start in sport/life? Click the link in my bio and nominate a parent, coach, or someone you think is deserving to win a prize from the DFO worth $2000! AND the nominator will get $500! #rechargewithmilk #ontariodairy 📸 @anotherpt.formilos
Want to know more about Bishop? Canadian Running is doing a day-in-the life series with some of Canada’s top athletes and record-holders. Watch to Bishop’s feature next week.