Kenyans won the 2017 BMO Vancouver Marathon in a pair of sub-2:20 and sub-2:40 performances.
Lioudmila Kortchaguina was the lone Canadian to reach the podium at the Sunday morning event, Vancouver’s only marathon. Meanwhile, unheralded Michael Trites, who only got into the sport within the past three years, ran his second-ever marathon and finished as the top Canadian, fifth overall, in 2:34:07.
Top Canadian results (and overall placing)
1. Michael Trites – 2:34:07 (5th)
1. Lioudmila Kortchaguina – 2:41:24 (3rd)
2. Craig McMillan – 2:34:44 (6th)
2. Neasa Coll – 2:46:45 (4th)
3. Elliot Holtham – 2:35:27 (7th)
3. Ailsa MacDonald – 2:49:15 (5th)
Post-race interview with Trites
Kenya’s Daniel Kipkoech (2:19:09) and Gladys Jepkechei Tarus (2:39:38) were the overall winners of the 2017 BMO Vancouver Marathon.